Charleston, West Virginia Insurance Defense Lawyers Serving Clients in Ohio and Kentucky
Comprehensive service for insurers and self-insured companies
Any company routinely facing liability issues needs reliable legal counsel for claims that cannot be settled easily. Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe has built its solid reputation with more than two decades of successfully litigating on behalf of insurance companies and self-insured companies. We serve business of all types in West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and throughout the United States. Our attorneys understand the intricacies and cost considerations of insurance litigation and are careful to communicate with our clients, provide realistic assessments of case expectations and closely follow the parameters they set.
Our nationally known insurance defense practice
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe is nationally recognized for our diverse, dynamic insurance defense practice. Our attorneys provide a wide variety of legal services, which allows us to represent businesses of all types.
- Insurance law — Our attorneys’ extensive knowledge of insurance law informs our advice and analysis for insurers of all types regarding policy requirements and offerings. We also assess liability exposure and determine the levels and types of insurance coverage businesses need.
- Auto accident defense — As experienced litigators, our attorneys provide auto accident defense for insurance companies, self-insured businesses and municipalities. Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe remains on the cutting edge of this ever-evolving area of law and can handle the most complex cases.
- General liability litigation — The attorneys at our firm offer diligent, cost-effective defense for businesses and insurers involved in general liability litigation matters. We defend our clients against premises liability, products liability, director and officer liability, property damage claims and environmental liability claims.
- Construction law — Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe’s lawyers have an intimate understanding of the intricacies of construction law and the industry. We defend contractors, subcontractors, engineers and architects against liability claims for alleged construction defects.
- Third party liability — Our team of West Virginia lawyers protects insurers against third party liability claims. We represent equipment manufacturers and contractors in cases involving workplace injuries, and municipalities, property owners and car manufacturers in personal injury matters.
- Insurance coverage disputes — Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe zealously represents insurers and insured businesses in insurance coverage disputes. We use our acute knowledge of insurance law to discern ambiguities regarding scope of coverage and litigate when necessary to protect our clients.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) — Our team provides thorough counsel and representation for employers, insurers and plan administrators throughout the United States facing ERISA issues.
- Professional liability defense — We know the intricacies of professional liability defense and successfully represent doctors, lawyers, engineers and other professionals, as well as their insurers, against malpractice claims.
- Bad faith claims — Allegations of misconduct regarding insurance claims administration can lead to separate liability far exceeding the original claim. Our attorneys are adept at handling bad faith claims and defend insurers throughout West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and the United States against these allegations.
- Declaratory judgments — Declaratory judgments can have a substantial impact on both the insured and the insurer. Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe can represent either party in declaratory judgment actions involving uncertain insurance contract provisions.
- Tobacco and smoking claims — Tobacco companies still routinely face products liability lawsuits. Our attorneys can help these companies minimize their liability and defend against weak or overreaching tobacco and smoking claims.
- Gas and coal industry defense — As a West Virginia law firm, we know the history and understand the impact the gas and coal industry has on the area we call home, which is why our attorneys have carved out a niche practice for gas and coal industry defense.
- Coverage options — Obtaining adequate insurance coverage is essential to the security of your business, but knowing how much is enough and how much is too much can be difficult. Our attorneys use their extensive practical experience in the insurance industry to help companies in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio understand their coverage options.
- Environmental law — Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe has represented all types of businesses in environmental law matters. Our practice handles both regulatory actions by the EPA and similar state agencies, as well as civil liability involving landowners.
- Manufactured housing — Our attorneys have extensive experience in various regulatory, warranty and liability issues unique to manufacturers and retailers of manufactured housing in West Virginia and other areas. We have a strong record of success defending these companies and are recognized as authorities in this narrow but important area of law.
- Risk management — At Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, we strive to help our clients avoid litigation. By providing judicious risk management advice to businesses in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, we increase safety, minimize litigation, decrease claims and limit liability.
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe provides litigation defense for all manner of liability claims
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe has a history spanning more than 20 years of helping businesses throughout the country defend themselves against excessive liability claims. Call us at 304-344-0100 or contact us online to begin a relationship with a law firm that is nationally recognized for experience and quality while remaining dedicated to its community and employees.