Charleston Civil Litigation Attorneys Pursue Your Goals
Aggressive and effective defense representation in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky
We live in a highly litigious society, where lawsuits are frequent and abundant. This means that anyone engaged in commerce, administering public affairs, or simply owning property might be served with a complaint at some time. When this happens, you need quality defense representation to protect your good name and your bottom line. At Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC, our attorneys take pride in our tradition of proactive, aggressive and effective litigation. Our firm handles complex and consequential cases in a variety of areas, representing medium to large corporations, public entities, insurance companies and their policyholders. We are litigators who understand the pros and cons of going to court, and are determined to put our clients’ interests first.
Capable lawyers with robust resources for complex litigation
For more than two decades, our firm has successfully represented clients in a wide range of cases related to:
- Insurance litigation — Our insurance defense practice has a national reputation for professionalism in cases involving general, commercial and professional liability. We have successfully managed bad faith claims, as well as regulatory compliance proceedings for numerous companies. We have won many declaratory judgments, saving our clients the expense of further litigation. You can also count for well-supported coverage opinions if the need arises.
- Local government — With offices located throughout West Virginia, our firm is an accessible resource for local governments facing various types of lawsuits, including Section 1983 actions and other civil rights claims, constitutional matters and disputes involving education law, employment law and premises liability. Drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the West Virginia Governmental Tort Claims and Insurance Reform Act, federal civil rights laws and other statutes, we are often able to assert immunity or provide affirmative defenses.
- Corporate and business litigation — In West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, we assist with disputes for clients of all sizes and in virtually every industry, including construction companies, auto dealerships, securities brokers and commercial lenders. Our business litigation cases have included breach of contract actions, regulatory compliance matters, commercial liability claims, and shareholder disputes. We understand how litigation can disrupt business operations, and we proactively pursue resolutions that enable you to focus on business concerns while upholding your rights.
- Toxic torts — Since our firm’s founding, we have defended clients in toxic tort litigation and other types of environmental actions. Our cases have included asbestos injury litigation, toxic exposure defense in the automotive industry and construction industry actions arising from allegations of harmful defects and chemical exposure.
- Product liability — We protect companies of all sizes from claims that their defective products caused an injury or illness. Firm clients have included manufacturers of power tools, pharmaceuticals and paint, as well as dry cleaners, mining companies and mine equipment manufacturers. We have also defended tobacco companies from legal claims related to smoking.
In all the cases we undertake, we are conscious of controlling costs, because we believe your access to justice should not depend on the size of your budget. When you retain our services, you get a highly qualified legal team with the resources necessary to protect your rights and pursue a successful outcome.
Contact an accomplished Charleston law firm for civil litigation defense
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC defends businesses, insurers and government agencies in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky in various types of civil litigation matters. To schedule a consultation, call 304-344-0100 or contact our Charleston office online. Discover why we say “the PF&F difference” means proactive, aggressive and effective representation.