We are proud to announce Tiffany Durst has now been
accepted into American Board of Trial Advocates ( ABOTA)
The American Board of Trial Advocates is a national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitiion. see more:
- PFFB&P is happy to announce Anna Falkner Ballard as a full Member of the firm effective Feb. 1, 2017. Anna has been with the firm’s Charleston office since 2016, but she brought 7 years of prior experience in insurance defense litigation with her. Anna practices in areas of employment law, education, construction, nursing home, and car accident litigation and she is licensed in North Carolina and West Virginia. Anna is a graduate of the University of Arkansas and the University of North Carolina School of Law and she previously served as law clerk to the Honorable R. Clarke Van Dervort in the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia and to Chief Judge Kenneth B. Kramer of the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Anna is also a member of the Judge John A. Field, Jr. American Inn of Court. Congratulations to Anna for becoming one of our newest law partners and thank you for all of your hard work and effort!
- PFFB&P is happy to announce Christopher Ross as a full Member of the firm effective Feb. 1, 2017. Chris has been with the firm’s Charleston office since 2011 working in areas of insurance defense litigation such as employment, toxic torts, products liability, civil rights, construction, oil and gas, workers compensation, and state and municipal government defense. Chris is licensed in West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and the District of Columbia and he previously served as both an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Akron, Ohio and as an Assistant Public Defender in Charleston, WV. Chris is a graduate of West Virginia University (where he was a member of the Pride of West Virginia Mountaineer Marching Band) and the University of Akron School of Law. Chris is also a graduate of the 2015 class of Leadership West Virginia. Congratulations to Chris for becoming one of our newest law partners and thank you for all of your hard work and effort!
- Vision 2020 – West Virginia attorneys partner with the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity to create a new trajectory for talent in the state. The West Virginia Lawyer, July-September 2016, LCLD.net Read More>>
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC Member, Wendy E. Greve, and law clerk, Oscar R. Molina authored an article titled, “Indemnification is Only a Starting Point,” published in the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance’s Construction Claims magazine first edition. The CLM’s Construction Claims magazine features articles on all aspects on construction-related claims, including construction defect, site accidents/injuries, insurance coverage, subcontractor issues, and new technologies that address both national and regional/statewide audiences. Articles are written by some of the top leaders in the industry. Wendy and Oscar’s article touched upon proper risk allocation between a contractor and subcontractor through carefully drafted indemnification provisions. Read More>>
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC is proud to announce that attorneys Tiffany R. Durst and Keith C. Gamble have been awarded the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the respected company’s highest peer rating standard for an individual lawyer. The AV rating signifies that the lawyer’s reviewed peers “rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.” Ms. Durst and Mr. Gamble are with the firm’s Morgantown, West Virginia office. Read More>>
- On May 9, 2016 Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe PLLC and Commercial Insurance sponsored and held the Second Annual Duane Ruggier MS Golf Tournament in the firm’s continuing and longstanding support of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. This year’s tournament was once again held at the Berry Hills Golf Club and was a great success with over 50 golfers participating, 19 hole sponsorships and $5000 being raised to fight against MS. Special thanks to Steve Fowler who serves on the Board of Trustees for the Virginia/West Virginia Chapter of the MS Society and to Tournament Director/Firm Administrator Kevin Cushing for organizing and orchestrating another great tournament. Congratulations are also in order for Tournament victors the Warner Law Offices led by partner Truman Griffith, Andrew Byrd, Mike Litman and Tom Hamm. Thanks again to all and we look forward to another great tournament next year.
- PFF recently hosted its first Craft Beer & Wine Tasting Silent Art Auction in conjunction with Charleston’s FestivALL Fall event to benefit the Virginia-West Virginia Chapter of the National MS Society. The event was an independent fundraising drive for led by Steve Fowler and it raised $5,675 of funds to be directed to the exclusive use of the local chapter to benefit West Virginians who face the challenges of living with multiple sclerosis. PFF hosted more than 50 works of art generously donated by more than 40 local artists. Proud Eagle, Inc. donated a variety of craft beers that beermaster David Mincer served and commented on while Jerry Fugate, of the Capitol Market Wine Shop, served and explained the characteristics of a variety of wines. We were also fortunate to have Paul Greco from Sam’s Uptown Bar & Grill and Executive Chef Paul Smith of Buzz Food Service on hand to feed our more than 100 guests who attended this very successful event. Additionally we had live art by Ian Bode and live music by John Ingram and friends. The planning committee for this event consisted of Steve Fowler, Darlene Carnochan, Julie Greco, Molly Poe, and Christopher Ross. PFF plans to repeat this event next year as well.
- PFF was recently recognized by the Virginia-West Virginia chapter of the National MS Society at its annual meeting for its service toward the organization in 2015. Steve Fowler was recognized as the Board Member of the year for his 5th year of service on the Board of Trustees of the local chapter of the National MS Society. Further, PFF’s Bike MS cycle team was recognized as being the #1 fundraiser for raising $24,374 for the 25th annual Country Roads Ride. PFF team members Steve Fowler and Christopher Ross were on hand to receive the awards and were both recognized for their individual fundraising efforts as Steve was the #1 individual fundraiser and Chris was the #3 individual fundraiser for this year’s Bike MS event.
- “Successful West Virginia Supreme Court Rulings November 2015” The month of November was big for several attorneys from Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, with several important decisions being handed down by the Supreme Court of Appeal of West Virginia.
- “Jorea M. Marple V. West Virginia Board of Education and L. Wade Linger, Jr.” The Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia found qualified immunity barred each of Plaintiff’s claims as Plaintiff’s Complaint failed to allege a cause of action sufficient to overcome Defendants’ discretion to terminate her at-will appointment and, thus, reversed the Circuit Court’s Order and dismissed Plaintiff’s Complaint.
- The Annual Meeting of the West Virginia State Bar was held Friday, May 9, 2014 at the Four Point Hotel in Charleston. The Four Points is the renovated hotel on Kanawha Blvd. (Old Holiday Inn) This year’s event was extremely exciting as on Friday night, Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe’s very own, Kevin Robinson was sworn in as the President of the WV State Bar. After the Banquet and Reception, the firm hosted a reception honoring Kevin’s outstanding accomplishment. Kevin is the first President of the WV State Bar from Raleigh County. You can view Kevin’s bar profile at https://www.wvbar.org/committees/boards/kr/ and read the article recently printed in WV Lawyer!
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC attorney, Chip E. Williams, was presented with the first ever Mentor of the Year Award by the West Virginia State Bar at its annual meeting in May 2014. The Mentor of the Year Award, which will be presented annually, is meant to honor a seasoned attorney who has provided mentorship and guidance to young lawyers both inside and outside the courtroom. Mr. Williams currently serves as a mentor to three associates in the firm’s Beckley, West Virginia office, and has served as a mentor to countless others throughout his storied career. Mr. Williams became associated with Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC in 1999 and became a partner in 2004, making him the youngest partner in the history of the firm. Mr. Williams’ practice involves the litigation and trial of cases involving a multitude of areas of law, with a focus on education law, civil rights, and general governmental liability. In defending his clients, Mr. Williams has appeared and tried cases in United States District Court and every southern county in West Virginia. In addition to his practice, Mr. Williams devotes his time to a variety of charitable organizations, including American Lung Association through the organization of the annual Greenbrier Valley Bike Trek, and to aiding others in obtaining a healthy lifestyle as a Certified CrossFit Instructor.