Toxic Tort Defense Lawyers Protecting Companies and Manufacturers in WV, OH and KY
Providing experienced counsel for chemical exposure litigation
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe has been involved in toxic tort litigation since its inception. Our defense attorneys handle single-plaintiff toxic tort cases involving exposure to benzene, toluene and other chemicals and class action suits involving multiple chemical sensitivity cases and exposure to pesticides throughout West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky. Our lawyers have also defended ground water contamination and Clean Water Act cases involving public service districts and products liability cases involving prescription medicines such a Rezulin.
Our toxic tort defense practice
Our expansive and nationally recognized toxic tort defense practice focuses on several key areas, including:
- Asbestos litigation — Our attorneys defend property owners, manufacturers, employers and other parties in asbestos litigation involving plaintiffs with mesothelioma.
- Automotive industry defense — We represent car manufacturers, auto parts companies and other business in the automotive industry for claims stemming from exposure to brake dust and other materials.
- Construction defense — Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe provides contractor and construction defense for claims involving the use of unsafe materials or construction defects resulting in chemical exposure.
- Tobacco industry defense — Our attorneys help members of the tobacco industry resolve the ongoing flow of smoking-related legal claims.
- Products liability — The lawyers at our firm provide manufacturer liability defense to companies accused of allowing dangerous products to enter the market.
Our experience in toxic tort litigation affords our firm the ability to retain the most effective expert witnesses in these areas. Our attorneys also have experience with the motion practice available in these suits, including motions in limine regarding the scientific reliability of evidence, and have a strong record of success in obtaining dismissals. Our experience includes both state and federal court cases in various parts of West Virginia. Furthermore, we are intimately familiar with defending medical monitoring cases where the monitoring is sought as additional relief or as a stand-alone cause of action.
We represent many national companies whose toxic tort cases have been filed in West Virginia, Ohio or Kentucky because the defendant has a plant or an office there. West Virginia is known by defendants as a plaintiff-friendly jurisdiction. Many of our clients, however, may not agree with that description, as we have had a high rate of success in these types of cases.
Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe provides sound defense for a variety of toxic tort claims
Throughout more than 20 years of defending companies in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky against toxic tort claims, the attorneys of Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe have developed the experience and resources necessary to excel in this area of practice. Call us at 304-344-0100 or contact us online to begin a relationship with a law firm that is nationally recognized for experience and quality while remaining dedicated to its community and employees.