261 Aikens Center, Suite 301
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25404
Evan Olds was born in Maine and raised in Lewisburg, West Virginia, a hometown he cherishes. He earned his B.A. in English from Concord University in Athens, West Virginia, where he studied as a Promise Scholar and graduated cum laude. At Concord, Evan placed second in the 2007 Phi Alpha Delta national mock trial competition. Evan thereafter studied law at West Virginia University College of Law, where he served on the West Virginia Law Review as Executive Notes Editor and won the Best Note Award for his Note, Give It To Me Uniformly: West Virginia Wants Initial Disclosure. Evan also participated in the WVU College of Law Clinic, which, during his tenure, was one of seven recipients of the 2012 Super Lawyer Pro Bono Award. After law school, Evan clerked for Judge Louis H. Bloom for three years, during which time he handled a panoply of matters from civil litigation to administrative appeals to extraordinary writs.
Licensed and practicing in West Virginia and Maryland, Evan maintains a broad civil litigation and insurance defense practice as listed below.
Evan currently resides in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia with his wife and infant son, and he enjoys playing music throughout West Virginia and surrounding areas with his family in his (dwindling) spare time.
Current Employment Position(s):
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Clerk, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, 2013-2016
Areas of Practice:
- State and Municipal Governmental Entities
- Governmental Immunities
- Appellate Practice
- Contractor Liability
- Civil Rights
- Corporate Defense
- Employment Law
- Premises liability
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2020
- Maryland, 2020
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, J.D., May 2013
- Executive Notes Editor, West Virginia Law Review
- Best Note Award, West Virginia Law Review
- CALI Award, Issues in Energy Law
- General Clinic
- Concord University, Athens, West Virginia, B.A., May 2009
- Major: English
- Minor: Pre-law
- Honors: Cum Laude, Dean’s List.