James Mark Building
901 Quarrier Street
Charleston, West Virginia 25301-2607
Evan Olds was born in Maine and raised in Lewisburg, West Virginia, where he calls home. He earned his B.A. in English from Concord University where he studied as a Promise Scholar and graduated cum laude. At Concord, Evan placed second in the 2007 Phi Alpha Delta national mock trial competition. Evan thereafter studied law at West Virginia University College of Law, where he served on the West Virginia Law Review as Executive Notes Editor and won the Best Note Award for his Note, Give It To Me Uniformly: West Virginia Wants Initial Disclosure. Evan also participated in the WVU College of Law Clinic, which, during his tenure, was one of seven recipients of the 2012 Super Lawyer Pro Bono Award. After law school, Evan clerked for Judge Louis H. Bloom for three years, during which time he handled a panoply of matters from administrative appeals to extraordinary writs.
Evan currently resides in Charleston, West Virginia, and enjoys playing music throughout West Virginia and surrounding areas in his spare time.
Current Employment Position(s):
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Clerk, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit, 2013-2016
Areas of Practice:
- General Defense of Governmental Entities
- Corporate Defense
- West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2020
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, J.D., May 2013
- Executive Notes Editor, West Virginia Law Review
- Best Note Award, West Virginia Law Review
- CALI Award, Issues in Energy Law
- General Clinic
- Concord University, Athens, West Virginia, B.A., May 2009
- Major: English
- Minor: Pre-law
- Honors: Cum Laude, Dean’s List.