Lori Streets Muldoon, an equity member of the firm, concentrates her practice in the area of mass torts.Â Since 1998, Lori has defended large and small corporations, including serving as national counsel for Lockheed Martin Corporation, in asbestos litigation.Â Â She regularly practices in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky and is well versed in each jurisdiction’s product liability law and mass tort systems.
When not engaged in mass tort litigation, Lori defends businesses in toxic tort cases including dry cleaners and builders involved in toxic mold litigation.Â Lori is licensed to practice law in West Virginia and Kentucky. She is a member of the American Bar Association, West Virginia State Bar, Kanawha County Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia. She is admitted to practice law before the West Virginia Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.Â Lori is involved in the management of the firm, serving as the Recruitment Chairperson.
Prior to law school, Lori worked in politics on national political campaigns and for Representative Nick Rahall.Â While working for Representative Rahall, Lori traveled throughout, what was then the Fourth Congressional District, performing constituency services. Additionally, Lori spent two years on Capitol Hill as a member of the Representative’s Washington, DC staff.
Lori received her undergraduate and master’s degrees from Marshall University, and her J.D. from West Virginia University.Â A native of Kenova, WV, Lori currently resides with her husband Jim, and daughters Juli Catherine and Alexandra, in Charleston, WV.Â In addition to spending time with her family, Lori enjoys leisure travel, reading, and following college sports.Â She regularly volunteers her time to the Gabriel Project, an ecumenical organization designed to assist families with small children by providing diapers, formula, cribs, and clothing, as well as referral services and counseling.Â Additionally, Lori sits on MDA’s ALS Gala Committee.Â Lori helps plan the ALS Gala held annually at Berry Hills Country Club.Â Proceeds raised at the event help fund research to find a cure for Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Equity Member, since April 1, 2010
Areas of Practice:
- 70% Toxic Tort Litigation
- 30% General Insurance Defense Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- West Virginia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1998
- Kentucky, 2009
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, 1997
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia, 1994
Major: History, Civil War Reconstruction
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia, 1990
Major: Political Science
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Rapid-American Corporation
- Celina Group Insurance Company
- Markel American Insurance Company
- Toxic Mold, Continuing Legal Education
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- West Virginia State Bar Association, 1998 – Present
- Kanawha County Bar Association, 1998 – Present
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Office of Congressman N.J. Rahall, Capitol Hill, Staff Assistant, 1990 – 1992
Pro Bono Activities:
- The Gabriel Project
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Division